About Me

Tacoma, WA, United States
I was the Executive Director of the national non-profit organization, Attention Deficit Disorder Resources, (addresources.org), for 15 years. I am well prepared to provide you with excellent coaching. I graduated from the International Coach Academy, a coaching school certified by the Inter-national Coach Federation and I have a Master's Degree in Social Work. Over the past 15 years, I have talked with numerous people about their ADHD concerns and have attended or presented at a number of ADHD workshops and conferences. I have lived, and eventually thrived, with ADHD which was diagnosed when I was 49. I am married and have three adult sons, two with ADHD. I live in Tacoma, WA although born and raised in a small New England town. I was in the Peace Corps, toured China in 1983 when it first opened to the outside world, and seen much of the United Staes, especially our beautiful national parks. My interests, beyond helping people with ADHD achieve their full potential, are playing brain games on the computer, reading, travel, bicycling, skiing and hiking.

Monday, February 11, 2008

One Bad Week Doesn't Make a Whole Life

Have you ever had a day, or a week, or even a month, when nothing seemed to go right? You go from getting up late, to not finding anything clean to wear in your closet, to driving too fast to work and getting a speeding ticket, to forgetting your lunch in the refrigerator, and on it goes.

How do you get things to improve? For most, our tendency would be to try harder, to make up for the lost time, to hustle about so we don't get even further behind. But if you understand the ADHD brain, you would realized this is the wrong reaction.

As we get overwhelmed and discouraged, we get scattered and even less able to function well. When things aren't going well, take a break. Reduce your stress. Look about and take a slow, deep breath. Think of positive things. Put a smile on your face.

Coaching helps you apply the skills to make your days go smoothly, more enjoyably. Make a free call to Cynthia now at 253-238-0729 to discuss whether coaching is appropriate for you.

No comments: